Our employees share their secrets to customer success
Topics: Duty of careTechnologyBlog
We spoke with employees across the globe about customer service. We found that our customer service team takes a lot of pride in their work and describe what they do as proactive, efficient, dynamic, and passionate.
Business travel often isn't easy, so it's good to know there's always someone on the other end who can help when the unexpected happens.
Find out firsthand how seriously our customer service agents take corporate travel. How does Egencia customer service stand out in the industry?
- People are the foundation of this place. Egencia is filled with personable people, passionate about providing a proficient service to professional people. Our approach encompasses every nation and all walks of life without hesitation. You can’t buy personality, but you can invest in the right people to deliver your ideology. — Simone Kirkup, WBMI consultant, UK
- We aren’t your average agents, we have tech knowledge, we know how to work our app and others like Uber, Google street view, Delta, OpenTable, etc. We can guide travellers through not only navigating which lane they need to be in to turn in their rental car in any city and providing local destination information, but also help them clear their cookies and cache on their browser or point them to a website to get discounts and coupons from the local visitors bureau. We really are an all service TMC! — Claire Mullikin, senior corporate travel consultant
- Egencia’s service is evolving and growing constantly. With a high focus on continuous improvement. Our mission statement is clear on what service means to us: To transform business travel by revolutionising travel technology and service. — Paul Taylor, team leader, customer service UK
- Our customer service uses the best tools in the market. — Tillmann Zietz, senior sales manager, Germany
- We simply go the extra mile. — Laurie Esper, Egencia dedicated travel consultant
- I have been impressed with Egencia’s swiftness and reliability. — Michelle Schaeffer, supplier marketing specialist
How do customers benefit from our approach to customer service?
- Seamless single call, professional, and caring service. — Laurie Esper, dedicated travel consultant
- Through our tools/technology and agent knowledge and the fact our customers have a seat at the table. We listen and take action. And mobile provides additional flexibility to assist. — Sherrey Pfaffenbach, operations manager, global customer service
- Technology enables our customer service teams to save time and money for our customers. — Tillmann Zietz, senior sales manager, Germany
- Our customers feel more comfortable with the latest technology. — Cristina Brugulat, team leader, customer service Barcelona
- We approach it from a consultative mindset, in that we're not order takers. We offer options and information that travellers wouldn't receive if they had only called the supplier direct. When asked, we extend our expert advice and reinforce the notion that they're making the final decision. — Michael Goodrich, dedicated travel consultant
- We look out for their company’s bottom line. If we know a customer is prone to changes, we don’t lock them into non-refundable hotels, we don’t want them to waste money. We help eliminate corporate waste by utilising unused tickets and checking to see what the best option is when it comes to exchanging a ticket. We keep their travel costs down, which keeps their company profitable. — Claire Mullikin, senior corporate travel consultant
Changing TMCs can be difficult or cumbersome for some companies. What would you say to travel managers implementing our travel platform?
- We're here to walk you through the entire process. — Laurie Esper, dedicated travel consultant
- That this is, truly, an upgrade. Being wary of change is normal because you're not sure what to expect. However, when it's an upgrade, you can expect positive change. Lateral moves can cause anxiety but upgrades are exciting. You're moving on to better things. — Elisa Ramirez, executive travel consultant
- Technology is always evolving and so is our customer service. Only by pushing the boundaries and taking the ups and downs that come with this, can we continue to progress and deliver. — Paul Taylor, team leader, customer service UK
- There’s not much advice to give — the service is simple enough that it doesn’t require much adapting. Simply call the number and the agent who answers already knows your name and trip plans/history. And you won’t be sitting there for hours listening to elevator music. — Michelle Schaeffer, supplier marketing specialist
- Like all other changes, there may be issues at first. We're worth it because we have some of the most experienced employees in the travel industry. Our travel professionals aren't just trying to serve our customers, but striving to wow them. Our track record on customer satisfaction shows we have the best of the best. We always have knowledgeable professionals on the line, so every single time you call, you have confidence in the representative that answers. — Deanna Collins, senior corporate travel consultant
- Phased, collaborative approach. We work as a team to understand company culture and the appetite for change. — Sumant Bhardwaj, customer operations manager, Gurgaon